Wednesday, September 02, 2009

The end of an era

Behold I have overcome "writers block" and I am back.

The end hath come for cadets. As some people say we fainted - i.e. we passed out. In the five years there it has had its ups and downs.

I liken the cadet experience to a hike - its at its best at the end HAHA. Still they were fun times.

Yeah so in following tradition we had a parade. This time due to ginormous numbers we had THREE platoons rather than the usual two. But whatever still all good.

I got to use my extremely rusty cane drill skillz which hopefully weren't too crap (other people pls confirm hahas). BUT (testipop) for some reason this parade felt waaayyy more fulfilling than the other times. The drum guys were awesome - kept us in time, so we actually looked pretty good.

Hey cadetters did you notice this weird pause just before I called open order march or something like that. That was because I was desperately trying not to laugh at some weirdo stuff up some cadet(s) did or something like that. haha.

AND to V. Tran(sit of Venus) I bet you're reading this:

AAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!! Heres my shout out to you.

Randomness aside I shall continue on this recount like the recounts we did in primary school. Except I wont go "and then blah blah. And then I did this. It was fun. And then I did that." haha

So the highlight was when we entered the hall. As I passed the year 12s I heard some guy go "Xanaduuuuuuuu" HAHAA hi-larious. And then stuff happened like in assemblies, as well as a tremendously out of time inward turn HAHA.

Well Mr. Morris' speech was really relevant to us. The hand of cards metaphor (oh no too much English ho ho ho) was really true.

Anyway the time came for the HTL and me speech of reminiscing. We were up till one in the morning doing this and it wasnt until around 10 minutes before the parade started that we finally finished it. But apparently people liked it so oh well. But I don't think people got all of our jokes/puns like HTL's marching on course - understanding rank thing or like the ANPRC 77 (tonnes) one. bah who cares.

Some things we left out: Major moustache. Some major at AFX 07 who had this humungous handlebar moustache and he talked in this hilarious way. I remember having tears in my eyes cause I was laughing so hard, and also with the effort of holding it in.

FLAGS peoples didnt really get to see you in action in the hall, nice work though. At least there werent any major screwups so all good.

Some small stuffups understandable - after all no one is perfect. I think all yr 12 peoples made at least one mistake.

OK certificate presentation thingy. Haha APPARENTLY some yr 12s were going to yell out "Xanaduuuuuuuu!!!" as I was going up. DAMN they should have =.= It would have been even more memorable (no sarcasm there XD). The cadets decided to clap in time!!! We tell them jokingly to do it, not expecting them to, and then of all times they do it now!! Actually it was pretty funny. XDD

Yeah the parade ended and it was all good. Too bad we had to be dismissed abbreviated style, otherwise I would've had some CSM-y last laugh. Especially to certain cadets.

Yeah after that was the afternoon tea thing. Lotsa foods, not much eaten. I think I only ate like two things and that was it. I was more preoccupied with photoing and also putting the v-finger things (what are they called? xD) in others' shots.

Haha mishmashmosh I think that was my fingers in your photo LOL sorry :P.

AND THEN it was all over. No more cadets. Time flies dammit.

Hey all yr 12 cadets. Lets all give our stuff in at the same time so we flood the Q guys. Its like a initiation test for Q-ies, since we had to go through that last year. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA.

Enough from me for now.

P.S. No one write tl;dr......or else!!!! jk xD

6 comments:

  1. Yes, we no longer leave our mark on the unit. Hopefully they carry out my idea of a blitzkrieg of suspensions and discharges, so it's like our final act of retribution on the little shats. Ho ho ho! Yeah your CSMing was cool bee tee double ewe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. flag? major screwups? well...you missed it but ok =P
    Alright, when are you handing your stuff in? lols
    and yours aint tl;dr compared to other peoples blogs =P.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ALREADY HANDEDIN MY STUFF BECAUSE BAHAVEN WAS HARASSING ME ABOUT IT D:

    And curse your fingers.

    I hope they shrivel up and fall off

    ReplyDelete
  4. Err....flags people are kind of embarrassed as we did stuff up - we went in first, when we were supposed to go in last and went out last when we were suppose to leave first.

    Tuesday it is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOLOLOLOL
    er well the timing thing is all my fauly, and pity none of you guys got to see mawson sucking hohoho (jokes mawson i still love you)

    but dw guyz
    good times, good memories, many lolz
    so when're we bringing shat in

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man, you are like, so awesome, Mr. Stranger! I hope to one day be as fantastic as you, and until then I will build a shrine at the base of my bed, so I can worship you everynight. Please! Let me join you! I worship YOOOOUUU!!!

    ReplyDelete