Sunday, July 19, 2009

Commmmmmmmonsense

Hello,

Continuing in my series of contemplations regarding the issues I have encountered in the course of my travels is....

Common sense.

Or the lack thereof.

Very simple concept yet if you look in the right places, you find a surprising lack of.

Since I believe (or more correctly the Agriculture Dept believes) that it is a good idea to illustrate this with an example, here it is:

Suppose you are cramming onto a crowded bus (for example the Epping 775 school bus). You would try to move to the back right (if all seats have already been taken).

Sadly the commonsenseless person stands next to the third row and blocks everyone, even when there is a multitude of space behind him/her, like so:


















I mean, is it too much to not homie with your friend and move to the back for a half hour bus ride? Presumably yes. And sometimes it is because of that one person that the bus driver shuts the door, and the poor mortals outside need to wait for the next one.

I think sometimes at our school, being sheltered, common sense tends to atrophy. Which is unfortunate.

That is all for now,

Good bye

P.S. Everyone enjoy HP6 tommorrow. I am sorry I cannot be there. See you all soon.

4 comments:

  1. NOT COMING?


    Too bad you miss out.

    I heard it's great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww

    cant believe u could be bothered making that diagram. ==;

    in other news. ZOMG the epping newsagency owners got killed =O

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, like we've talked about before on biv....we're only one step away from this scenario:

    Rank: CAR! GET OFF THE ROAD!
    Rusian: Thats not a car, thats a tru-*SLAM*

    oh well, plenty of outings after trials, yeah? xP

    ReplyDelete
  4. The common sense at our school (more like lack thereof) is appalling, as is the level of sheltering given by their asian parents.

    MANNERS! You can write about manners. Also a massive problem. I remember one day outside the SCR I was rudely pushed aside by some junior shat and I said, "You know saying 'excuse me' would be nice." and he says, "Excuse me" in a tone that sounded like I was greatly inconveniencing him.

    What the hell.

    ReplyDelete