Friday, May 15, 2009

The City of Glass

Greetings,



















As the title suggests, I would like to recommend an excellent book (or 'text'). For those of you who have read my profile (if not do so now!!! xD) you will find that under 'favorite books' (<- the spelling is deliberate) it says "City of Glass", part of the New York Trilogy.

Synopsis! A mysterious phone call (like myself HAHA) leads a writer of detective fiction to embark on a case more bizarre than any that he has thought of. (which is saying something because I suppose if you write detective/crime fiction you would have to be creative enough to dream up weird situations to begin with, right?)

Now, I didn't spoil the story. I simply paraphrased the blurb, so I just saved you some reading xD.

While ostensibly presented as some form of a detective fiction, once you peel away the surface you will find that it is an interesting exploration of identity and ambiguity, characteristic of postmodernism (PoMo). Naturally, this would be important for those who have an interest in PoMo. For those of us who have a somewhat forced interest (e.g. Ext 1 Eng doers) this is also relevant. I think that there are many different ways you can interpret this, and there's no 'wrong' way. A bit like Citizen Kane where the deep focus lets you pick what you want to see.



I have also reviewed my chatbox and Mysterious Stranger 02, you are such a hilarious character. I shall not quote his lines here, examine the chatbox and see for yourself! I almost literally laughed for all of that afternoon.



Oh, and for those who were wondering why I was laughing my head off in Jazz, it's because Mr. Chris Au was being the most hilarious person ever! Part of the reason was the super exaggerated facial expressions we exchanged xD

Enough for today!

Gut bye

9 comments:

  1. lolol, you looked so highlarious after words xD

    though i suppose its not as hilarious as my apparent "machine gunning" =\?

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA YEAH YOUR MACHINE GUNNING.

    Us: Bum bum bum bada bum

    What it looks like you're doing: bububububububububububububbubububububu

    ReplyDelete
  3. "at the hour of"? Looks like someone is copying me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what SHOCKING accusations! I would never be so immature as to PRETEND to be a second mysterious stranger! D:

    ReplyDelete
  5. What, 'cause you are the second MS???

    HAHAAHAHHAHA

    ReplyDelete
  6. for the record i have not and will not post in your chatbox
    so yep. must be aryan.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love jazz. fills me with joy.

    do you have the book? :P

    i didn't know you liked Classical Music? great minds like alike =)

    ReplyDelete