Friday, May 22, 2009

Chem!!!

Hello all,

After numerous update requests, I have an update.


Today's Proceedings:

Bal was away from 3U so it really became a maths doing session for some, and a bludge for some others.

Chris Au and I were half canto-ing away about stuff like BBQ 1 in Eastwood (the place where you can get the HK-style BBQ etc. etc.) and our Chinese names.

And MR AU, my surname is not meant to sound like goose or 我 or whatever!!! HAHA

Then it was off to "hellooo" (our term for English, because our class is temporarily homie-ing with Aryan and Topher's class) i.e. more black cats and Hedwigs mysteriously disappearing...

Anyway I will skip to the highlight of the day...KEM!!!

RAAWRR!!! We essentially spent all double doing this titration to find the concentration of dissolved oxygen in dam water (Winkler method for those who do chem). It took so long, and half the time was spent trying to comprehend the procedure. AND one of the glass pipette thing's graduations markers were coming off, so I had this weird blue line on my hand for a while.

But it was rewarding in the end, because we managed to get what was required without fudging of results etc. Yeah the triumph against adversity thing (sounds ridiculous in this context xD).


After lunch, double maths! Haha SHM all double. Fun fun fun xD. Interesting how something going backwards and forwards over a fixed interval can be studied so much in depth.


And here endeth a normal school day in the life of the mysterious stranger.

And here endeth my ramblings for to-day.

SAY GOODBYE, JOHN!

6 comments:

  1. HUH WHAT? WHY AM I MENTIONED :|

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha not you John, but John in Eraser (Arnie movie). Sorry for le confusion

    ReplyDelete
  3. HELOOOOO!

    Nice d(g)ay! Mine was no more eventful than yours.

    Oh by the way, one time when I was commenting on your blog, the word verifications thing was "reezedri".

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a secret.

    A certain someone contaminated the pipette near the dam water with dam water, and then someone else contaminated the same pipette with ammonium thiocynate or whatever was in the beaker/burettes x)

    wasn't me *suss look*

    ReplyDelete
  5. ITS YOU!
    I KNEW IT!

    noone else uses homie-ing but me heh heh...that gave you away xD

    ReplyDelete