Sunday, June 14, 2009

Comb binders

Hello again,

As I was trawling through the vast entity known as the WWW, I came across this image





















Yes, the binder spines they use in the Citizen Kane / Hamlet study guides things we get at school. Notice how in the top one the prong things are sticking out rather than tucked in behind the spine proper. That is the source of much merriment in and out of English.

Because the prongs-out mode looks absolutely ridiculous, you can annoy someone just by pulling them all out. Naturally, it isn't a good idea to (accidentally or otherwise) dismantle the book in the process. The faster and stealthier you do it, the better. Trust me it doesn't sound like much, but if you do it to the right person, the reaction will be like as if you nuggeted their bag. An easy way to get a bag of laughs, for want of a better phrase.

Bee-tee-double-yew Topher did you notice I did that to your book last Friday? Haha. Or should I say Darth Gaylord?


One day I was reminiscing of bygone years and this came to mind:

Once upon a time, in the year of 2003, a boy who in time would become the Mysterious Stranger, was about to leave his primary school. I happened to chance across one of the classroom computers for the last time, and I, with nothing better to do, browsed in to the My Documents.

To my genuine surprise, I found a file entitled "Alan Gno". No that was not a typo.

I was thinking ???? What on earth?

When I opened I realised it was a 'murder-in-the-classroom' detective puzzle activity a classmate started to make, and never finished. Just like homework plans.


Enough! Perhaps I bore you. I shall desist for now.

3 comments:

  1. Hey MS. Multiple Sclerosis.

    Yeah I noticed, fag. Just wait. You might be able to catch some rain again if you know what I mean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHY IS THIS BLOG SO VAGUE AND FULL OF INSIDE JOKES

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mysterious Stranger15 June 2009 at 9:50 pm

    What inside joke??

    ReplyDelete